We wanted to make something chocolaty for Valentine’s Day, and we wanted to use our newest yummy flavor, raspberry. This moist, delicious chocolate raspberry cake fits the bill. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Makes 12 servings
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 (5.3oz) containers Voskos raspberry yogurt
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
Glaze: 1/4 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9X5-inch loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and Voskos. Whisk in the oil and the sugar, until mixture is smooth.
4. Transfer the liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Mix with a spatula to combine. Don’t over mix.
5. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula. Bake 45 minutes, then loosely cover with foil and bake 15 more minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Spread the jam on top of the warm cake. Cool in the pan, on a wire rack, 20 minutes, then invert onto a platter and back to cool directly on the cooling rack, 20 more minutes, before slicing and serving.
Nutrition per serving
Total Fat 7.4 g
Saturated Fat 1.0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 164.4 mg
Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
Sugars 21.9 g
Protein 5.2 g